Through strong translation, dissemination, and policy-engagement strategies, Penn LDI bridges the gap between research and policy, ensuring that the work of Fellows reaches policymakers and informs key debates. We disseminate Penn LDI research products widely through social media, enews, promotion on Penn LDI’s and other websites, and targeted outreach to key constituencies.
We can help LDI Fellows to repackage and effectively communicate your research and expertise to different audiences. Our multimedia products include:
- Briefs: Whether covering a specific piece of research, a body of knowledge on an issue, or new data analysis, our briefs provide a concise description of research evidence and place it in the policy context.
- Blog Posts: With posts written by LDI Fellows, graduate and undergraduate students, LDI staff, and external contributors, our website provides a platform for drawing connections between new pieces of research and commentary on the latest policy developments.
- Research Snapshots: Responding to more visual ways of communicating, Penn LDI research snapshots summarize the main points of a study using fewer words and more visuals than our briefs. These products are popular and easily shareable on social media.
- News Features: Highlighting the impact and recognition of our Fellows as subject-matter experts, our feature stories share research findings, as well as more on the individual(s) behind them.
To access our services, please contact us via the form below as soon as you know your article is accepted. Within staff and time constraints, we can help you translate your findings into Penn LDI products that can be timed with publication. If your research has already been published, we can help you apply your expertise to current events and debates through blogging and news stories.
LDI maintains a professional portrait studio that provides complimentary services to Senior and Associate Fellows. The final portrait images are used on the biography pages of the LDI website and are also provided to each Fellow for use in any way that is helpful for promoting their expertise and work.
To reserve our services, consider putting the LDI Translation and Dissemination Program in your next proposal to external funders. Increasingly, funders are requiring researchers to address translation and dissemination activities in project proposals. No longer satisfied with the boilerplate language of meeting presentations and journal publications, funders are looking for evidence that their dollars will have an impact beyond academic spheres. That’s where Penn LDI’s Translation and Dissemination Program comes in.
We offer bundles of translation and dissemination services that you can put into proposals to formalize these efforts. Funding allows us to devote limited Penn LDI resources to your specific project, and also shows a funder that you are serious about disseminating your work. You can tap into Penn LDI expertise in health policy, health economics, and health services research to make proposals more competitive and attractive to a broad array of funders.
Our services are available to LDI Senior Fellows in all disciplines. However, in limited cases, in cases where the topic of a specific proposal falls outside of our area of expertise, we may determine that our Program is not a good fit. We want to ensure that we can provide high-value services to awardees that are commensurate with the amount that they have allocated to us. We are best able to help with proposals in the area of health policy, health economics, and health services research.
For more information about Penn LDI’s Translation & Dissemination Program and to discuss options for your specific proposal, please email Traci Chupik.
Poster Printing Service
Penn LDI offers a free poster printing service to Senior and Associate Fellows who are first, second, or last author on a poster. You must use one of the two templates linked below: (1) a more traditional format; and (2) a more condensed, quick-glance format. Click here for a video about things to consider when choosing a template.
Poster Submission Instructions:
- Download your chosen template.
- Submit your poster via the form below at least two weeks before your presentation.
- Keep an eye on your email for a notice that your poster is ready for pickup at the Penn LDI office (Colonial Penn Center #209).
For questions or more information about Penn LDI’s Poster Printing Service, please email Penn LDI.