As a leading voice in the health policy space, LDI can help you break through the silence, and communicate your research findings to people in a position to use them. Through strong translation, dissemination and policy engagement strategies, LDI bridges the gap between research and policy, ensuring that the work of Senior Fellows reaches policymakers and informs key debates. To reserve our services, consider putting our Policy and Research Package (PReP) in your next proposal to external funders. LDI also offers Policy Accelerator Pilot Grants to incentivize our experts to produce policy-relevant content in response to an issue of immediate concern to policymakers.
We can help you to repackage and effectively communicate your research and expertise to different audiences. Our multimedia products include:
- Briefs – Whether covering a specific piece of research, a body of knowledge on an issue, or new data analysis, our briefs provide a concise description of research evidence and place it in the policy context.
- Blog posts – With posts written by Senior Fellows, graduate and undergraduate students, LDI staff and external contributors, our dynamic Health Policy$ense blog provides a platform for drawing connections between new pieces of research and commentary on the latest policy developments.
- Publication summaries – Providing a brief snapshot of recent research, our research summaries allow us to display the full breadth of our Senior Fellows' expertise.
- eMagazine profiles and features - Highlighting the impact and recognition of our Senior Fellows' as subject-matter experts, our news stories share research findings as well as more on the individual(s) behind them
- In the News – Tracking the media coverage of senior fellows and their work.
Here's how you can access our services. First, conduct rigorous, policy-relevant research, and publish your findings (THIS IS THE HARD PART). As soon as know your article is accepted, let us know (THIS IS A CRITICAL STEP). Then we can work with you, within staff and time constraints, to translate your findings into LDI products that can be timed with publication. If your research has already been published, we can help you apply your expertise to current events and debates through blogging and news stories.
We disseminate our research products widely through social media, newsletters, promotion on the LDI website, cross-posting with other websites, and targeted outreach to key constituencies. By doing so we ensure that the work of our Senior Fellows reaches a wider audience and informs policy debates.
New to social media? Doubtful about its role in disseminating research? Then watch our presentation, "Why Researchers Aren't on Social Media…and Why They Should Be" by Dave Grande and Janet Weiner.
Now that we have your interest, we can support you to improve your use of social media and other dissemination tools. We work with you to build a strategy for dissemination efforts and coordinate with other stakeholders.
Our dissemination strategies pay off. Read more about our Success Stories - studies that reached important policy audiences, and experts who amplified their voices in policy debates. The latter is especially important to investigators just beginning to produce new knowledge in their careers.
~ ~ ~
For more information on how we can support your translation and dissemination efforts, contact Janet Weiner (firstname.lastname@example.org).