Nudging Physicians Toward Value: Incentives in the Era of MACRA-Economics
Every day, physicians make complex decisions that directly affect the cost and quality of health care. But payment reform efforts, including 2015’s Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), are creating new incentives and promoting new models for care delivery. How will attempts to drive quality improvement and reward providers for better outcomes change our health care system?
Join The Commonwealth Fund, Healthcare: the Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation, and The University of Pennsylvania in exploring how leading policymakers, health system executives, and payers are crafting innovative incentive programs to support value-based models of care. The event will focus on programs at three regional health systems—Advocate Healthcare in Chicago, Baptist Health System in San Antonio, and Partners HealthCare in Boston—and consider how insights from behavioral economics are shaping new models of provider incentives.
- David Blumenthal, M.D, The Commonwealth Fund
- Ezekiel Emanuel, M.D., Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Patrick Conway, M.D., MSc, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Dana Safran, ScD, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Lee B. Sacks, M.D. and Pankaj Patel, M.D., Advocate Physician Partners
- Sree Chaguturu, M.D., Partners HealthCare
- Gary Whittington, Baptist Health System
- Amol Navathe, M.D., Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
Click here to regisiter for the live webcast.
For more information, please contact Amanda Hodlofski at firstname.lastname@example.org