Supporting research related to the pandemic and its long-term health and economic implications.
Optimizing insurance and access to health care to provide high-quality health care.
Improving health and reducing health disparities through a more equitable health care system.
Improving the health, well-being, independence, and care of older adults.
Finding sustainable, humane, and effective solutions to the opioid epidemic.
Focusing on how societal events, structural forces, and policies influence the health of populations.
Featured Research Updates
We support and amplify scholarship that shapes and expands the knowledge required to improve population health, health care delivery, and health policy.
A Penn LDI Virtual Seminar Grapples with One of Health Care’s Most Complex Problems
A Penn LDI Virtual Panel Gathers Experts to Discuss Abortion Post-Roe
Study Finds Cost Differences Between Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Shared Savings Program
Three Things That Can Be Done
How Proximity to Care Can Impact Firearm Mortality Rates
Research Supports Expanding the Practice Beyond Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Penn LDI’s working groups convene researchers with common interests to build collaborations and catalyze new activities.
Over 500 LDI Fellows from across the University of Pennsylvania are part of the Penn LDI community.
- Assistant Professor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine
- Professor, Surgery, Perelman School of Medicine
- NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Perelman School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Family and Community Health, Penn Nursing
- Vice-Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Social Policy & Practice
- Fellow, Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine
- Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perelman School of Medicine
- Fellow, National Clinician Scholar Program, Perelman School of Medicine