All Cite Amplify@LDI Program as Boost to Confidence and Editorial Output
In support of Penn LDI’s mission to catalyze and facilitate research to improve the nation’s health care delivery, health policy, and population health, the Amplify@LDI program aims to amplify the reach and impact of policy-relevant research and elevate LDI Senior Fellows as content and policy experts. The program builds capacity in and enthusiasm for the critical step of translating and disseminating research to broad national audiences to maximize the reach and impact of LDI Senior Fellow research.
Please note: The application cycle for the 2021–2022 Amplify@LDI program has closed.
- Cohort Experience: The Amplify@LDI cohort consists of 12 LDI Senior Fellows from across Penn schools, fields, ranks, methods, and translation experience. The program provides an opportunity to network with a wide range of faculty.
- Workshop Sessions: The program includes an orientation and goal-setting session, six content sessions, and a closing session, for a total of eight sessions. Each content session focuses on a different aspects of research translation and dissemination. Topics include: (1) Media Engagement and Interviewing; (2) Increasing social media reach; (3) Writing and placing op-eds; (4) Writing blogs and briefs; and (5) Policy engagement. In addition to the skills-based content, each session also addresses structural barriers to successful translation and dissemination, as well as strategies for incorporating translation and dissemination activities into busy academic careers.
- Goal Setting and Tracking: All program participants set goals for their participation in Amplify@LDI. Penn LDI staff supports participants in tracking, revising, and meeting participant goals throughout the year.
- Homework and Trio Meetings: In between sessions, program participants will be expected to submit “homework” for the upcoming session, and to meet with other cohort members to debrief the previous session.
- One-on-One Sessions with Presenters: Following several of the sessions, program participants will have the opportunity to sign up for a one-on-one session with the presenter(s).
- Final Presentations: Participants have the opportunity to present their policy engagement and research translation achievements at the end of the program
All LDI Senior Fellows—from any school and rank—who are actively engaged in policy-relevant research and eager to build skills in translation and dissemination are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Interested in learning more? Please contact us at PennLDIemail@example.com.